Building Permits

This involves two different applications.  One for the Town of Solon Springs and one for Douglas County.

Please remit a $50 fee with your completed application.  Be sure to get your information before noon on the Friday prior to our meeting to ensure that your request makes it on our agenda.   Building permit package

A permit is required for all work to be completed including remodels, new construction, additions, etc.   We review your request during our regular town board meetings (usually the 2nd Monday of each month) and submit feedback to Douglas County.

Douglas County requires you to submit an application to their zoning board for a land use permit.  This includes:

  • Building, moving, or altering any structure
  • Changing the use of an existing structure
  • Grading and filling
  • Variety of land uses